2012 Mazda MAZDA3 lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Mazda MAZDA3:

2012 Mazda MAZDA3 Owner Comments

Aug 292014

Purchased this vehicle on Aug 27th 2014 as a used vehicle and did the initial test drive during the day. A few days later while driving at night I decelerated while on the highway (speed is 55mph) to come to a complete stop at a 4 way intersection. The moment brakes are applied the front headlights flicker and continue to do so until fully stopped. I've tested this at multiple speeds and road types and it happens each time. We live in a heavily populated area with plenty of children as well as wild life and this decreases my chances of seeing them if they run out (even while braking, say if I was doing so slowly a child run out I can E-brake or apply more pressure to brakes to stop quicker...can't do that if I don't see them in time). It also is extremely distracting and annoying. I'm sure other drivers don't appreciate it when it's in their rear view mirrors nor when they are driving towards me on the opposite side of the road. Honestly I'm surprised I haven't been pulled over and ticketed for "illegal modification to headlights" etc. I'm not seeing a recall on this, however there is service bulletins for this exact problem. Why hasn't the PCM or the alternator been recalled? this problem among others I've dealt with since purchasing this vehicle and the fact that problems are being fixed by the manufacture make it to where I'll never purchase another Mazda in the future.

- Fort Campbell, KY, USA

Nov 222014

MAZDA3 4-cyl

The right front headlamp assy. Get's moisture in it that made the headlamp bulb blow out.

- Lewiston, UT, USA

Jun 292012

Car hit coyote at 75mph. Car never wavered from what it was supposed to do. It saved our lives that night. Headlight not hit by coyote but bares a large "blind spot" on drivers side making car unsafe to drive after dark. Car taken to dealership, dealership says head light is within specs and was compared to another car of the same make and model year and the "blind spot" is normal. This particular Mazda 3 "doesn't like tires". that is what the guy who put on the 3rd full set of tires told me. Mileage 46,000 the car keeps breaking motor mounts and Mazda claims this is all from the accident now 15 months ago. They refuse to fix headlight and I have been told not to drive the car after dark as my insurance company may fight if I should have an accident due to the faulty head light. I have never know a car manufacturer to offer headlights with blind spots but I have an invoice from the dealership saying this is normal on the Mazda 3. these cars are not made to take the impact of a coyote so I can only imagine what would happen to the Mazda 3 should it hit something larger than a dog.

- Harvet, AL, USA

Sep 012013

MAZDA3 4-cyl

While driving at approx. 45 mph with cruise control engaged; the headlights turned off for about 2 seconds then came back on. When the headlights came back on the traction control light illuminated. The whole issue gave the appearance of part of the electrical system losing power and the power then being restored. During the incident the engine did not appear to lose power, nor did the cruise control disengage.

- Francis Creek, WI, USA

Dec 012011

The contact owns a 2012 Mazda Mazda3. The contact stated that the low beam headlights were aimed too high, causing difficulty when driving at night. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer, but they were unable to repair the failure. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 600. The VIN was unavailable.

- Painesville, OH, USA