4.1

2012 Mazda MAZDA3 miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Mazda MAZDA3:

2012 Mazda MAZDA3 Owner Comments

Apr 142016

MAZDA3

Gps audio goes dead and endangers driver's & occupants ' safety while driving through unfamiliar allegedly crime-ridden parts of strange cities & neighborhoods. Not an electrical problem since lights and wipers etc work.. seems like defective gps with potential to endanger safety of driver & passengers.

- Glen Burnie, MD, USA

Aug 292014

MAZDA3

Purchased this vehicle on Aug 27th 2014 as a used vehicle and did the initial test drive during the day. A few days later while driving at night I decelerated while on the highway (speed is 55mph) to come to a complete stop at a 4 way intersection. The moment brakes are applied the front headlights flicker and continue to do so until fully stopped. I've tested this at multiple speeds and road types and it happens each time. We live in a heavily populated area with plenty of children as well as wild life and this decreases my chances of seeing them if they run out (even while braking, say if I was doing so slowly a child run out I can E-brake or apply more pressure to brakes to stop quicker...can't do that if I don't see them in time). It also is extremely distracting and annoying. I'm sure other drivers don't appreciate it when it's in their rear view mirrors nor when they are driving towards me on the opposite side of the road. Honestly I'm surprised I haven't been pulled over and ticketed for "illegal modification to headlights" etc. I'm not seeing a recall on this, however there is service bulletins for this exact problem. Why hasn't the PCM or the alternator been recalled? this problem among others I've dealt with since purchasing this vehicle and the fact that problems are being fixed by the manufacture make it to where I'll never purchase another Mazda in the future.

- Fort Campbell, KY, USA

Aug 092015

Dashboard pops out in 85 degree weather

- La Puente, CA, USA

Sep 172013

MAZDA3

I was stopped at a red light. Once light turned green, I pressed on the gas and the car revved to 3000 RPM but was barely moving and would not shift out of first gear. I looked at my speed and noticed the tcs problem light was on. By this time other motorists were honking at me at cursing I'm sure but I couldn't get any speed to pull over quickly. I put the car in manual mode, but there were no numbers that indicated what gear I was in. I have no clue why the tcs light came on and pretty much disabled my car. I was able to pull over into a mall parking lot where I turned car off and called for help. However, when help arrived, and we started the car back up, the tcs light was off and everything worked fine. I drove the car home. After reading that others have had the same complaint as I have, I will make sure Mazda will have a look at my car and make them aware there is an issue.

- Oshawa, NE, USA