2013 Mazda MAZDA3 steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Mazda MAZDA3:

2013 Mazda MAZDA3 Owner Comments

May 012016

The power steering on my vehicle turns on and off. I push the power button to start the engine, and the power steering light will be on, and I cannot steer the car. Occasionally it will turn off after driving a few miles, or sometimes it will turn off if I restart the car, or sometimes it will not be on when I start the car.

- Taylorsville, UT, USA

Sep 022014

Driving 60mph on major freeway during rush hour, light rain. Check engine light came on and stayed on. A few minutes later, every warning light came on and I lost the power steering. I pulled to the side of the highway and turned the car of, waited 10 minutes and started the car. Check engine light remained on and all other warning lights were off. Started driving and 10 minutes later all the warning lights came on again and lost power steering again. Left vehicle in garage over night with hood up thinking it was due to rain/moisture/computer problem. Car started fine in morning, no warning lights. Took it to dealership and they said it was a lose battery cable. I am thinking it was more than that. I have noted my concern and will await the next heavy rain.

- Ajax, FL, USA

Jun 072014

While practicing parallel parking electric power steering motor became hot, power steering mil was on and no assist to steer. After letting it cool for 30 min did motor work again.

- Bradenton, FL, USA