4.0

2006 Mazda MAZDA5 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Mazda MAZDA5:

2006 Mazda MAZDA5 Owner Comments

Mar 242008

MAZDA5 4-cyl

Road dry, no pot holes, clean, approaching a red light, applied the brakes no there was nothing. Pushed harder, nothing, again nothing. Finally with my hand on the emergency brake, I removed my foot from the brake and jammed it on again and they finally caught. I barely missed crossing traffic and was almost in the middle of the intersection. My speed could not have been more than 35 mph at the time.

- Fairport, NY, USA

Mar 242008

MAZDA5 4-cyl

I was coming up to a stop sign and stepped on the brakes and nothing happened. I tried again and again and finally tromped on them and the car finally stopoped. I was half way into the intersection and narrowly missed the cross traffic. I immediately when to the Mazda dealer less than 1/2 mile down the road. When the checked the car they could not find any problems with the brakes or braking system. They inquired about the road and it was dry and unbroken pavement (no potholes). No ice or water on the road at the time. I was concerned more when I learned that another gentleman sitting in the waiting room with me waiting for his car had the same thing happen to him the same morning.

- Fairport, NY, USA