2003 Mazda MAZDA6 clutch problems

clutch problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Mazda MAZDA6:

2003 Mazda MAZDA6 Owner Comments

Sep 012004

MAZDA6 6-cyl

The clutch has begun to fail. The dealer indicated that it would be five months before one became available. The clutch, starter, cd changer, and panel cover were defective. There was rust on the door sashes. There was a smell from the exhaust that entered the vehicle, there were vibrations and rattles in the door, which had been adjusted. There were problems with the master cylinder and the leaking fuel sender unit in the gas tank. The starter would grind and the clutch shuddered.

- Bloomington, IL, USA

Aug 032004

MAZDA6 4-cyl

I have a Mazda 8500 miles after having my car I had the clutch go out. When I took it to the dealer I was severly stereotyped as a street racer which I am in no way, if that were the case I would have bought the 6S. They wanted to charge me $800 to fix the problem, which I immediately disputed and was treated as a child.eventually they fixed it and I quote "not under warranty but fixed out of kindness" and that was the end of that. Now at 13000 miles my manual transmission would not shift into 1st or 2nd gear I took it in and the first response I got from the service clerk was " whats wrong with the car?" and that if they find I caused the problem it would be estimated $1000 to fix it if it wasn't covered by the warranty. I feel that because my age I am discriminated against even though I purchased the car myself in my name at 18. I am currently waiting for a response from the dealer as to what is going to happen with the transmission replacement.

- Patterson, CA, USA