4.5

2004 Mazda MAZDA6 electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Mazda MAZDA6:

2004 Mazda MAZDA6 Owner Comments

Jul 312007

MAZDA6 6-cyl

I own a 2004 Mazda 6 sports sedan which still has a factory warranty. My wife & I are having electrical issues with the car which is causing a 15 amp fuse to keep blowing. This fuse controls the horn, brake lights, turn signals, & cruise control. We have taken this car to the dealership for the same problem 3 times now & all they seem to do is replace the fuse with a new one & send us on our way with no explanation of why it is blowing. They advise me that they have tested all electrical systems & can't find any problems. I have a huge problem with this occurring because my wife & I have no way of knowing this fuse is blown until we exit the vehicle & attempt to arm the alarm & hear no horn, or someone lets us know our break lights & turn signals are not working. Not to mention this is a major safety hazard driving in stop & go traffic! the car gives no warning what so ever & if someone hits the vehicle in the rear due to no brake lights I do not feel obligated to file an insurance claim on the other driver.....Mazda corporation should be totally liable for any accident that may occur due to this defect!

- Wichita Falls, TX, USA