2008 Mazda MAZDA6 electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Mazda MAZDA6:

2008 Mazda MAZDA6 Owner Comments

Mar 182012

MAZDA6 4-cyl

I tried to start my car on Sunday morning (March 18th) and it would not start. I purchased a new battery. When I went to install it, I noted that the positive cable had corroded to the point where it could no longer make contact with the battery terminal. Apparently, the wiring needs to be replaced at a cost of approximately $400. Why would this happen at only 39,000 miles? I'm still working through this with the dealer, but wanted to post something as it appears others have had the same issue. I'm definitely not a mechanic but it appears that people might be having problems starting their car, or with batteries needing to be replaced pre-maturely and not realizing that it's due to corroded cables.

- Tampa, FL, USA