2008 Mazda MAZDA6 electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Mazda MAZDA6:

2008 Mazda MAZDA6 Owner Comments

Aug 012008

1. there was no warning to this failure, I was on a motorway (U.K) I check my oil levels every single week 2. I had an engine over-run and could only be stopped by switching the engine off, the rev counter hit maximum and a huge cloud of white smoke was left behind me. Consequences are now I am left without a car and I could have died because I was approaching a roundabout 700 yards away and swerved between 2 lanes of moving traffic to force a stop on a lay-by. 3. nothing was done, Mazda are blaming me for the incident even after I had my oil checked and results shown a 62% diesel oil contamination, they blame the dpf (diesel particulate filter) for this over-run as I am not doing enough "long journey" miles. Which I was, no warning lights appeared before or after the incident and the oil levels are dramatically above the full mark. No fault codes are shown on Mazda computer. My car is sitting useless on my drive as we are all to scared to drive it.

- London, 00, USA

Jan 292010

November, 17, 2009 - car lost power while driving, and came to a stop on the towed in at compass Mazda in middletown, NY. After one day of sitting at the dealership, car started by itself. Paid $ $48 for diagnosis. January, 1, 2010 - car did not start. Car towed in at Mazda palisades in West nyack, NY. Again, car started at the dealership after sitting for a day. January, 8, 2010 - car did not start. Mazda palisades in West nyack did not accept the car to be towed in stating that they do not have a trained Mazda mechanic. In this situation, the car was towed in at compass Mazda in middletown, NY. Tow service $ $150. At fault was a poor / loose connection ( ground wire ). cost of reparation : $ $378.44. January, 29, 2010. Car lost power while driving and came to a stop on the road. Car towed in at compass Mazda in middletown, NY. Fuel pump relay was replaced. This time there was no charge for the repair.

- Middletown , NY, USA

Sep 292008

2008 Mazda 6 with less than 5000 miles. Starter caught on fire, dealer said rodent chewed wire. Not a warranty issue. My insurance had to pay. Pictures taken and my agent insured me when he filed with Mazda they would take care of this. Today 11/11/08 claim denied Mazda said its not their fault. What ever happened to customer service.

- Crestwood, KY, USA