2008 Mazda MAZDA6 steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Mazda MAZDA6:

2008 Mazda MAZDA6 Owner Comments

Apr 082008

MAZDA6 4-cyl

The car would make horrible sounds when I was turning left or right and would pull me to the left or right without me being able to control the car. A new steering column was put in by the dealership. The service manager at tom wood Mazda (he now works at tom wood Ford) said the car was designed to pull me off the highway or road in case I passed out at the wheel. Then a new dealership bought the dealership and they replaced my steering column. My steering wheel was never straight, but the car was not out of alignment on a machine.

- Indianapolis, IN, USA

Feb 042008

MAZDA6 4-cyl

When I purchase my new Mazda 6, it was determined on a computer that the steering wheel was crooked, but the car was not out of alignment. Then the car started pulling hard to the right. Then the steering wheel started clunking when I was turning either way. After many trips to the service dept, a new steering column was put in. The clunking stopped, but the car would still pull hard to the right, and every time I got new tires or rotated the tires, the steering wheel would be crooked again, but not out of alignment. The clunking started again, and appears to have the same issue, but my car is out of warranty now and the dealership has changed owners 3 times. I feel my car was a lemon and I could not get help because the dealership kept being sold. I feel I am driving an unsafe car. I have never known anyone who had to have a steering column replaced. I am afraid that my car is going to pull me off the road into a tree. It is a 5-speed so 1 hand is off the steering wheel frequently. I need help from Mazda to help me cure this problem because I am so frustrated in dealing with the dealerships. I am afraid that I am going to killed in this car because of the steering issue that is unresolved.

- Indianapolis, IN, USA

Jun 242010

Placed our 2008 Mazda 6 in reverse, the steering wheel locked up, the brake pedal would not engage and car rolled back into a telephone pole, causing moderate damage to rear of vehicle. No warning of any previous failures.

- Dallas, GA, USA