3.2

2009 Mazda MAZDA6 body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Mazda MAZDA6:

2009 Mazda MAZDA6 Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Jun 042014

Melting dashboard.

- Tamarac, FL, USA

Feb 102015

MAZDA6 4-cyl

The dashboard is melting and creating a glare on the windshield when driving.

- Royal Palm Beach, FL, USA

Jan 172015

MAZDA6 6-cyl

Dashboard melting under normal driving and storage conditions. The dashboard of this vehicle is oozing a black tacky substance that shimmers in sunlight. The shimmer is reflected into the windshield resulting in an unsafe driving condition.

- Melbourne, FL, USA

Nov 112014

MAZDA6

The passenger dash board has melted (passenger air bag side). Also air bag light has turned on showing that the (air bag not on).

- Hollywood, FL, USA

Oct 012014

MAZDA6

The dashboard on the passenger side is melting. It is sticky and Mazda refuses to replace it.

- Walker, LA, USA

Oct 302014

MAZDA6

The dashboard is melting and the mate black material has become sticky and shiny causing a glare on the windshield.

- Homestead, FL, USA

Mar 012014

MAZDA6 4-cyl

My car alarm had been going off sporadically for about a year or more (maybe once a month), but it got progressively worse to the point that it would go off 3-5 days a week. I'd had my door latches inspected at the end of 2013 for a recall that although it wasn't electrical in nature, electrical issues could develop if it's not repaired. So, I was not expecting there to be any issues with them, but was surprised to learn that not one but both of my rear door actuators were defective. After getting that fixed the very day I picked up my vehicle from getting repairs I noticed my passenger side dashboard was shiny, and appeared to have been polished. I later learn that look actually came from the dashboard melting. Now I have melting toxic material, that also can cause a glare, in my vehicle.

- Palmetto, FL, USA

Mar 122014

MAZDA6

Dashboard is melting and becoming shinny and sticky.

- San Diego, CA, USA

Sep 012013

MAZDA6

The passenger side dashboard is literally melted to the point where the car is unsafe to operate during the day due to the reflection on the windshield. This is very unsafe and needs to be recalled! I have never seen or heard of a vehicle doing this and I'm appalled that the dealer has yet to remedy this issue.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Aug 012014

MAZDA6

My passenger side dashboard is literally melting. Mazda admits to having put a defective piece in my model vehicle however will not take responsibility and replace their faulty piece. They claim if it is a safety hazard there would be a recall..well there needs to be! I live in South Florida and the sun reflecting off of the dash is flat out blinding and dangerous not to mention god knows what materials leaking into my air vents that my entire family is breathing in, being potentially hazardous. I don't think the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration should allow Mazda should wait for accidents to occur and people to potentially get injured to take responsibility for this issue and fully replace the dash piece in the affected models. This issue has been called to the attention of the public in numerous news segments and online articles meaning hundreds of thousands of people are having the same issue and their lives could be in danger. A recall needs to be issued as soon as possible!

- Coral Springs, FL, USA

Dec 202013

MAZDA6

The contact owns a 2009 Mazda 6. the contact indicated that the dashboard was deteriorating. The contact noticed that there was a sticky substance leaking into the front passenger side near the windshield, the front driver side window, and the floorboard. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified. The approximate failure mileage was 36,000.

- Corpus Christi, TX, USA

Oct 052014

MAZDA6 4-cyl

The passenger side dashboard above the glove compartment is starting to melt. There is a shiny residue on the dashboard that becomes very sticky upon contact. The affected area is also very soft to touch much like a cushion rather than the typical hard plastic feel of a traditional dashboard.

- Sunrise, FL, USA

Sep 012014

MAZDA6 4-cyl

The top of the dashboard (only on passenger side) melted and became very reflectively shiny and sticky. I almost hit a pedestrian crossing at stop light as the reflected sun glare blinded my view.

- Honolulu, HI, USA

Sep 142014

MAZDA6

Dash board is melting. I started noticing 1 side of dash was getting sticky, then it started melting slowly. It causes a very bad glare at times and makes it hard to see. I have contacted Mazda and have brought it in to have it checked at the dealership and they confirmed it was melting. The material used one the dash is defective. Since I am out of warranty the repair cost is on me? this should be a recall for defective material.

- Palm Harbor, FL, USA

May 012014

MAZDA6

The dashboard of my 2009 Mazda 6 is melting. It has become extremely sticky and shiny. The condition causes a glare on the windshield that can interfere with visibility. In addition, the dashboard deterioration is causing an oily film to build up on the entire inside of the windshield. The film has to be cleaned off frequently and is very difficult to completely remove. Ordinary window cleaners just smear it. The film interferes with the driver's ability to see in afternoon sun. I contacted Mazda and they are aware of the problem. After I had it documented at the dealer, Mazda agreed to pay for the part but would not pay for the cost of the labor, which is estimated at approximately $500.

- Sarasota, FL, USA

Feb 062014

MAZDA6 4-cyl

The dash board is melting. It is sticky and there's seems to be nothing to do about it. I checked on recalls for the dash, but did not find any. I have had cars here is South Florida for 40 something years....never had a problem like this. Why is it not recalled?

- Plantation, FL, USA

Aug 132014

MAZDA6 4-cyl

The passenger-side dashboard is melting. It is sticky to the touch and causes a shiny glare.

- Lincolnton, NC, USA

Aug 142014

MAZDA6 4-cyl

The dashboard on the passenger side of my vehicle is melting and is very sticky all the time.

- Royal Palm Beach, FL, USA

Feb 012014

MAZDA6

I just recently got this car. I am making payments on it. I noticed my dashboard melting and now its so bad that there is a glare in the middle of windshield. I cant see through it at times. And the material from the dashboard is melting now in drip lines down the dash. It is ugly and is ruining anything that touches it. Kids try to dig holes in the dashboard and I'm scared that they might try to consume the goo that comes off the melting spot. My lawyer has informed me to file a complaint. I need a replacement dashboard as soon as possible. Please help.

- Corpus Christi, TX, USA

Aug 042014

MAZDA6 4-cyl

Dashboard is melting vehicle is always parked under cover and out of direct sunlight. Manufacturers not acknowledging as a defect.

- Metairie, LA, USA