3.0

2009 Mazda MAZDA6 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Mazda MAZDA6:

2009 Mazda MAZDA6 Owner Comments

Sep 102010

MAZDA6

When ac or heat was on at any speed, it would run for a few mins. Then stop blowing out air before slowly dying out. It would make noise like it was trying to work again, but then wouldn't. took it to Mazda dealership. They did "test on ac/HVAC system & found faulty control head due to electrical failure." They installed a heater control & the problem was fixed for a while. 3 months later same thing happened again. This time I was told the "HVAC blower motor was tripping out on internal thermal overload" so they replaced the HVAC blower motor. While that was getting fixed, I also had them look into another problem I was having. The tcs/dsc light would stay lit for 10-15 mins after I started my car and sometimes would just randomly come on while driving. The dealership did test & found "code C0034 - right front wheel speed sensor signal rate out of range & C0027, C0048 - right front wheel speed sensor circuit open, tech monitored sensor & found internal sensor failure. Corrected by anti-lock brake system. Installed gs3L-43-70X: Right front ABS sensor."

- Dallastown, PA, USA

Jan 092014

MAZDA6

The check brake light came on. I found that there was very little break fluid. I took the vehicle to my mechanic and he determined that there was a hole in the break line created when it rubbed up against the engine. He said it was a design flaw and recommended that we take the car to the Mazda dealership. The service manager was very understanding but could not make any judgment. He consulted with Mazda corporate. Corporate ruled that since it was not under warranty they were not responsible for replacement of the part. As a gesture of goodwill they paid for the part which was $73.28, and charged me $405 in labor to installation. To me, I would certainly like to get reimbursed my out of pocket expense. But more, so I would like to have this design flaw corrected so that someone doesn't killed when their brakes fail. I will be out of the country until Feb. 17th. Thank you

- Seaside, CA, USA

Mar 132013

MAZDA6

The contact owns a 2009 Mazda Mazda6. The contact stated that while attempting to engage the emergency brake, the release button fractured. The vehicle was taken to the dealer. The technician diagnosed that the emergency brake assembly needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The VIN was not available. The failure and current mileage was 49,000.

- Fairfax, CA, USA