2009 Mazda MAZDA6 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Mazda MAZDA6:

2009 Mazda MAZDA6 Owner Comments

Feb 252013

MAZDA6 4-cyl

I heard chirping noise from the car and took it to a dealer who wasn't able to reproduce the noise but the noise came back and with in the next 10 days it got worse. The dealer told that there was a leakage from exhaust donut and exhaust heat shield had to be fixed. I got them fixed and after 3 days and less than 100 miles I hear the chirping noise again and this time it is louder. I can hear it even when the car is parked.

- Irving, TX, USA

Mar 072009

I took my 2009 Mazda6 touring edition in to get my first oil change. The car was in perfect condition with only 3,600 miles. When I returned later to pick up the car I was told that there was a safety recall for the door locks. I said okay so what now. The jim ellis service department said we will give you a loaner. I turned in the car on Saturday I picked the car up on Tuesday and drove it home. When I arrived at my house I tried to lock the door by pushing the button on the driver side. Nothing happened so I tried a few more times. The only way to lock the door was with the key. I called the service department the next morning and they asked if I could bring the car back for them to take a look. I took the car back and they still could not figure out what was wrong. They again gave me a loaner car. Thursday evening I was told the car was fixed. They said an engineer had looked at the car and it was fixed for sure. Well guess what it is still not fixed. Now they are telling me that the battery must have been run down because the doors were left open. Thursday evening I am home with my loaner from jim ellis wondering if I will ever get my car back and if I do get it back will it really be fixed.

- Marietta, GA, USA

Dec 102008

2009 Mazda 6 makes ticking noise at or near idle engine RPM. It can range from soft ticking sound to a very annoying ticking sound.

- Peoria, IL, USA