2009 Mazda MAZDA6 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Mazda MAZDA6:

2009 Mazda MAZDA6 Owner Comments

Mar 182011

MAZDA6 4-cyl

I bought my Mazda 6, year 2009, brand new from a Mazda dealer in Virginia. Some time ago, while I was driving it at approximately. 30 mph in heavy traffic on one of the main roads, I then turned on the left turn signal as I needed to make a left turn at the very next light. Suddenly, the engine died completely and the car stopped in the middle of the traffic. Luckily I was not hit by the drivers behind me. I was able to put the gear in park, start the engine again and drive the car home. I then called the Mazda dealer (where I had bought the car) and I immediately made an appointment to have the car checked. To my greatest disappointment, the Mazda dealership told me there was nothing wrong with my car and they could not find the cause of the problem I had on the road, when the engine died while I was driving my car. A few months later a similar problem happened again and the Mazda dealer could not find any problem with it at that time either. Now Mazda has a recall for Mazda 6, 2010-2012 only, but it's for the same problem with the spider's webs and possible risk of cracks in the fuel tank, with a risk of a fire. I'm concerned the year 2009 is not included in the recall since the same problem appeared in the earlier recall.

- Alexandria, VA, USA