4.0

2010 Mazda MAZDA6 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Mazda MAZDA6:

2010 Mazda MAZDA6 Owner Comments

Aug 312016

MAZDA6

The contact owns a 2010 Mazda 6. while driving 30 mph, a rattling noise emitted from the wheels without warning. The contact pulled the vehicle to the side of the road and stated that the brakes seized when the pedal was depressed. The vehicle was towed to the contact's residence. The vehicle was not diagnosed nor repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 29,000.

- Highland Park, NJ, USA

Dec 082015

MAZDA6

For many years and I've run into a serious issue with my current 2010 Mazda 6. over the last five years I've had to replace the master cylinder multiple times, which I'm to understand from the mechanics is "extremely unlucky", however I feel there is another underlying issues. Attached is the brief timeline of the incidents based on the paperwork. Regardless of whether the car is in motion or powered down the car has ┐mushy brakes┐ with the brake pedal "collapsing" to the floor with little applied pressure. As you can see I have had three previous attempts to have the problem addressed, which were unsuccessful. The root cause of the issue was not even considered until a mechanic friend of mine suggested they look at the master cylinder as the root cause, which was looked at on inspection #3 through checking of codes and not finally addressed until inspection #4. I believe that there is a fundamental parts problem that is not being addressed by Mazda, which could have the potential for serious liability concerns for the company should there be any further defective parts manufactured and installed. I am comfortable saying that as I have not heard one comment or statement from gallo Mazda about contacting the manufacturer or Mazda corporate about addressing this issue. As of this date, the car is still having the "mushy brake" feel, with the brake pedal "collapsing" to the floor with little pressure and I believe the recently replaced master cylinder has begun to fail. The car will be returned to the dealership for repair. I consider it unfair and unethical to pay for safety/manufacturing issues that Mazda should address, not me as the customer.

- Worcester, MA, USA

Jun 102014

MAZDA6

My brake rotors are completely warped! after 6 months of having my car my brakes have gone out multiple times, I don't not drive my car long distances or even on a daily basis. I can be going as slow as 25 mph and when I go to brake my car will start to shake (not much but noticeable) this is very dangerous due to the fact it can cause loss of control while braking. I have taken my car to the dealer and had it worked on under a "one time" warranty meaning they will maintenance the brake once at no cost to me. Each time I have gone or spoken to my dealer they say they can't figure out why it keeps happening and even said it could be normal wear and tear (which is not the case). I am apart of a regional Mazda club and everyone with a Mazda 6 (2009-12) seem to have the exact same problem with this. Also, the tire pressure light stays on. Almost immediately after I purchased my car the light came on followed by the loud beeping sound that warns you that your tire pressure is low. I called my dealer and they looked at it and told my I just need air. Well the very next day the light came on and the loud beeping followed. A long with that my passenger seat air bag light keeps say that the air bag is off, and the passenger seat low beam headlight has issues with stay on.

- Louisville, KY, USA

Apr 092014

MAZDA6

The contact owns a 2010 Mazda Mazda6. The contact stated that the rotors were prematurely warped, causing the vehicle to jerk violently. Also, the contact mentioned that the TPMS and passenger air bag warning lamp illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer. The technician was unable to diagnose the failure. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The VIN was not available. The failure mileage was 30,000 and the current mileage was 60,000.

- Louisville, KY, USA

Apr 232014

MAZDA6 4-cyl

The brake rotors on this vehicle need machining each year due to grabbing. My Mazda dealership has machined them after the first year and replaced them under warranty at 30K. The replacement rotors are to be machined again on 4/26/14. This is a safety issue due to potential loss of control during braking.

- Mesa, AZ, USA

May 012012

MAZDA6

The rotors are warped after less then 30K miles. This causes the car to shimmy when braking at any appreciable speed (any speed over 40mph). Took car to dealer and they claim it is not covered under the warranty as it is "normal wear and tear". called Mazda and they too refused to fix the problem under the warranty.

- Alexandria, VA, USA