2011 Mazda MAZDA6 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Mazda MAZDA6:

2011 Mazda MAZDA6 Owner Comments

May 102016

The ac compressor clutch locked up and caused the belt to make loud screeching noises. Also, something burning could be smelled inside the engine and burnt rubber was flung around the engine compartment. Another issue: Read about this a lot because I am experiencing it, the passenger-side dash is melting. Seems they used a cheap material and when it gets above 80 degrees outside the dash begins to melt. It is sticky, leaves a residue on your fingers, and produces an extreme glare. The ac went out while I was in the drive-through ordering food. The dash board has been melting since last summer and has not gotten any better. Stopped melting during the winter and began melting now that it's summer again.

- Copperas Cove, TX, USA

Nov 192014

MAZDA6 6-cyl

My 2011 Mazda 6 had the exhaust system become detached twice within 3.5 years. I purchased the car new. I heard it the first time as I was driving slowly, luckily. I was able to pull over and make it home so I could tie it up with rope to get to a repair shop. The 2nd time I was pulling out of home when I heard the same scraping noise. I luckily could pull back home to tie it up and to get to a repair shop. When I was at the repair show last time, the mechanic said that this is a recurring problem with Mazda 6 bolts rotting out. I am just glad I was driving on the highway and higher speeds when this happened. It could have caused a fire.

- Coroapolis, PA, USA