2011 Mazda MAZDA6 miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Mazda MAZDA6:

2011 Mazda MAZDA6 Owner Comments

Aug 262016

Melted dashboard. I've seen on news about company having them replaced.

- Orlando, FL, USA

Jun 282016

Melting dashboard. Causing glare and distraction from driving.

- Sunrise, FL, USA

May 102016

The ac compressor clutch locked up and caused the belt to make loud screeching noises. Also, something burning could be smelled inside the engine and burnt rubber was flung around the engine compartment. Another issue: Read about this a lot because I am experiencing it, the passenger-side dash is melting. Seems they used a cheap material and when it gets above 80 degrees outside the dash begins to melt. It is sticky, leaves a residue on your fingers, and produces an extreme glare. The ac went out while I was in the drive-through ordering food. The dash board has been melting since last summer and has not gotten any better. Stopped melting during the winter and began melting now that it's summer again.

- Copperas Cove, TX, USA

Sep 102015

Melting dashboard. Causing glare and some weird smell..

- Grand Prairie, TX, USA

Jun 052015

My 2011 Mazda6 is in excellent condition. However, the dashboard on the passenger side has and is melting causing a very bad glare that obstructs ones view. I've read there's been many complaints and class action lawsuits. Mazda needs to do what's right for their consumers and put their safety first! my son is using this car for college and just sent me pictures of the glare he sees. Something needs to be done before lives are lost.

- Port Saint Lucie, FL, USA

Jun 012015

Sometime around the beginning of June I thought my children had spilled something on the passenger dash by the windshield. It turns out it is not a spill, the dash is sticky, shiny, and it is soft and melting. I can stick my nail into the dashboard; it is like hot black asphalt where you walk with heels and the heel goes into the black asphalt. Since I realized this, the area that is soft, sticky/melting is progressing farther down the dash toward the glove box. My car has 46,000 miles and is out of warranty with Mazda. Additionally I had a headlight on the front driver side out; after researching on youtube, I found out that I can bang the clear headlight shield with my hand and the light turns back on. These are the two issues I am alerting about as there are numerous accounts of corroboration on the web and youtube from Mazda owners about both these same problems.

- Spring Hill, FL, USA