2012 Mazda MAZDA6 lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Mazda MAZDA6:

2012 Mazda MAZDA6 Owner Comments

Apr 102016

Seems there is a problem with the headlights.. I have replaced the bulbs 3 times they are burning out repeatedly...I drive with my high beams more often than the low beams... I have been pulled over 4 times for one of the low beams being out...this is a bit unfair..... I haven't ever in my life put so many bulbs into one car!! apparently a lot of people are having this same issue why isn't something being done?? obviously it's not something we caused.

- Cincinnati, OH, USA

Jun 022016

I have replaced my headlights several times over the course of a few months.I am no car expert but I know this is not normal nor addition they now shine very dime.after reading the complaints I see it's not just me but I am still taking it in.tonight alone one of them just went out on one of the darkest roads in my neighborhood. I can't count how many times I've driven with high beams because my light (s) went out.

- Clarksville, TN, USA

Jan 052016

Low beam headlights continually fail to work. I have had the bulbs replaced 3 X in 3 years as the owner and once again the low beams are out. After reading the complaints on this post it is clear Mazda has a problem that needs addressed. Driving with high beams on is dangerous and annoying to other drivers. I guess its time to buy something other than a Mazda.

- Pleasant Hill, MO, USA

Nov 302015

Wiring system problem with front headlights results in loss of lighting, potential could cause fire.

- Libertyville, IL, USA

Nov 272015

Passenger side low beam light does not come on (high beams work fine). I've change the bulb but problem persists.

- West Palm Beach, FL, USA

Nov 162015

I noticed my passenger side low beam was out on my 2012 Mazda6. After searching online for how to change the bulb, I found hundreds of people who had fixed the issue by lightly hitting the side of the headlight cover. I tried it and it fixed it! since it has gone out again (just a week later) and came back on when I went over a bumpy area in the road. I live in an area with a light ordinance and the roads are pitch black enough to see every star in the sky at night. This is a huge safety issue.

- Queen Creek, AZ, USA

Nov 142015

Seems to have happened overnight. Noticed just last night that neither of my low beams will turn on. Thought it was a weird coincidence that normally you notice when one light burns out but both? I have read online that this is an ongoing issue with a lot of Mazda makes and models and the fix is neither cheap nor time friendly. I will call a Mazda dealer tomorrow to find out their recommendation but I am sure its going to cost me a few hundred dollars to fix or even look at. Turns out the fix is smacking the top of the headlight to get it to come back on but this is only a temporary fix..

- Chardon Township, OH, USA

Sep 302015

MAZDA6 4-cyl

I own a 2012 Mazda 6 which now has approx. 72,000 miles. The front low beam headlights went out while I was driving in a rainstorm at night. Luckily my high beams stayed functional. After pulling over to check out the issue I hit the driver side headlight assy (out of frustration) and the low beam light came on. I did the same to the other side and that light came on too. As soon as I started looking on the internet about this. I see that there are many people having the same issue with Mazda headlights. This presents a extremely dangerous situation while driving at night time and a less experienced driver may have panicked when the lights went out. I'm extremely concerned about this because my wife and daughter also drives this car but I don't feel safe with them driving at night now. Not to mention, this car is due for it's yearly inspection and it won't pass because the low beams are out. I doubt the mechanic will let me hit the lights to make them come on for the inspection. Especially to have them go out again as soon as I hit a bump or turn the lights off. As of 10-26-15, both of my low beams are out and now only the driver side will come on with a bump to the light. With this many people having the same safety issue, can you please explain to me why this is not a recall"?" I hope nobody gets hurt in an accident while they're driving at night and then the lights suddenly go out. I live in an area where most roads do not have street lights, and there are a lot of deer and other animals crossing the road at night. Please help us in getting this issue resolved with Mazda before someone's child gets hurt or killed in an accident because of this issue!!! thank you very much for investigating this issue promptly. In addition to this being a safety concern, I'm now being forced to drive an un inspected vehicle because it won't pass the state inspection without lowbeams.

- Lyman, ME, USA

Sep 072015

The main front light is off, it is not dead but it is off. If you hit a bump, it cuts off. I was wondering what was up so I went on youtube. Apprently there are a lot of people with the same model and have the same issue. They have been constantly replacing bulbs only to find out there isnt a problem with the bulb itself but the vehicle it self. Please look into this matter. Next question asks when it happened, its a constant thing. You adjust the light so that it turns on and then next thing you know you are driving and you hit a bump and the light cuts off. Really annoying and especially dangerous in locations with no lighting.

- Durham, NC, USA

Feb 012014

Low beams failed on both headlights with in first year, attempted to replace bulb several times, finally replaced entire head lamp assemblies, with in first 2 months low beams have failed again. Attempts to replace bulb are still not effective.

- Joshua, TX, USA

Jul 142015

Headlights went out for no reason. Had to pull over and bump the headlights to make them work. Checked the fuse and all electrical components at autoshop. They found nothing, but said that they have seen this in Mazda 6 cars before and there is a fault in the design nor is there any solution to the issue. Issue can be seen in the video: Https://

- Denver, CO, USA

Jun 022014

I have had to replace my front driver side low beam headlight 4 times. No other light has gone out on the car. I have read multiple stories about people having this issue.

- Boca Raton, FL, USA

Feb 052014

I've been replacing both of my headlights every 6 months. This is the third time since I have owned this vehicle that I had to buy replacement bulbs. I took it to the dealership and they said nothing was wrong with the electrical system but hear I am replacing the same low beam bulbs again.

- Rex, GA, USA

Oct 092013

I have owned my vehicle since Aug 2013, and have replaced the headlights on driver and passenger side 4 times already. This last time I had both headlights blow out on me at the same time I don't understand why this isn't recalled yet. I see many complaints regarding this issue.

- West Valley, NY, USA

Jun 202014

At around 50,000 miles, I had a headlight (low beam) go out on me. I had it replaced on the driver side. A few weeks later, the passenger side headlight went out and had to get that replaced. These are hard to get to if you do not have the right tools so each time I had to take it in for service. At 65,000 miles, I had my engine and battery light come on. I turned the car off and then back on and they went away. I then tried locking the car, and my car will not lock from the inside or with my remote. The car will unlock, but will not lock no matter what I do. Tested battery and all fuses and everything is good there.

- Ontario, OH, USA

Oct 152014

When driving on the highway my driver side low beam headlight randomly went out. I tried changing bulb, wiggling cables to see if there was a lose connect and headlight would not turn back on. Went to the dealership and they said no know issues and I would have to make an appointment to look into the wiring but would not be able to make an appointment until Monday. I then started searching the internet and found a video of a 2009 Mazda 6 with the same issue I was having only on passenger side. The guy in the video lightly hit the headlight assembly on the top and the light just came on. I went to my car and did the same thing since so many others that saw video posted this worked for their Mazda 6 cars ranging from years 2009-2012 and when I lightly hit the headlight assembly the light came on. Please look into this headlight assembly issue and for references here is the website for the video.

- Canton, SD, USA

Jul 102013

MAZDA6 4-cyl

Front headlights have been replaced 3X in 1 year.I have purchased upgraded bulbs which have now gone out within 2 months of the change, they did not supply any additional light and have not lasted any longer before burning out than the cheaper lights. Headlight causing difficulty with night driving. Lights appear to be facing downward and beam is very low causing poor visability, almost causing me to run off the road, mostly having to use high beams during night driving and constantly having to turn off when a driver is coming towards to me to avoid blinding them with high beams. I have reported this to Mazda with nothing more be said than thanks for reporting this. I also had the same thing happen while driving a rental of the same make, model and year. I had the rental for 2-3 months and the front headlights also went out and the headlights were very dim.

- Loganville , GA, USA

Sep 202014

MAZDA6 4-cyl

Front passenger headlamp intermittently goes out.

- Minot, ND, USA

Jul 202011

The contact owns a 2012 Mazda Mazda6. The contact stated the low beam headlights do not give sufficient light; therefore, the high beam lights had to be used in order to see the road. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who stated the low beam bulb could be replaced with a better bulb. The headlight bulb was not replaced. The failure mileage was 100 and the current mileage was 1500.

- Garnerville, NY, USA