4.5

2012 Mazda MAZDA6 miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Mazda MAZDA6:

2012 Mazda MAZDA6 Owner Comments

Oct 052016

MAZDA6

The sunroof exploded spontaneously while driving today.

- Reisterstown, MD, USA

Mar 012016

MAZDA6

The dashboards and other interior panels is defective it has melted and feels like foam on the passenger side. It is sticky behind the steering column and on the drivers side as well. Anything that touches the dashboard turns black and sticky and may be ruined. The melted dashboards can cast dangerous glares across the windshields, inhibiting their vision and posing a safety hazard to others on the road as well as a fear that the airbags will not deploy on that side..

- Coral Springs, FL, USA

Sep 092012

MAZDA6

When the car stands for a couple of days it makes a grinding sound within seconds after start. I have spent three years trying to get it fixed. It has been in the shop many times. First its this then that but remains unfixed. On the internet you can see complaints starting with 2009. I tried to talk to Mazda but they tell me its a dealer problem. I wouldn't try to talk to them if the dealer took care of it. I was told by a service manager its in most of the 6 model. The Mazda fixes haven't worked. If I could afford a lawsuit I would have by now. I don't want to be one of those dead so that's what it was. I would get rid of the car but I still owe to much. Car is stationary. They blame the air conditioner last. My car has only 7000 miles on it.

- Boca Raton, FL, USA

Aug 012015

MAZDA6

The dashboard is melting and shiny

- Pembroke Park, FL, USA

May 012013

MAZDA6

Over the past few months I noticed the passenger side dashboard of my 2012 Mazda 6 was becoming sticky and looked as if it were melting. It also began to emit a smell and cracks began to develop while becoming more reflective than the driver's side which remains normal. I bought this car used in good condition from a dealership. After notifying the nearest Mazda dealership they stated no recalls had been made and my best hopes for a solution was to have them inspect and photograph the car's dashboard and hope that Mazda may give me some credit toward replacing the it. Though I will take my Mazda 6 to a dealership for evaluation, I was unsatisfied with this response and learned there is a class action lawsuit describing exactly the same problem my Mazda 6 is experiencing with the dashboard. Please let me know what my options are?

- Fort Myers, FL, USA