3.6

2014 Mazda MAZDA6 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Mazda MAZDA6:

2014 Mazda MAZDA6 Owner Comments

Jul 022016

MAZDA6

While driving on the highway with cruise control on, my car atomatically slammed on the brakes and slowed down rapidly. A short time later, the forward obstruction warning indicator came on and said an inspection was needed. Mazda dealership said "never heard of that" despite similar public comments on user forums. Dealer will not cover full cost of the repair becuase care it out of warranty. I believe this is a serious safety issue that should not fall under normal warranty considerations.

- Concord, NC, USA

Jan 012016

MAZDA6

I recently replaced my front brakes due to normal wear. I took my car to a local madza dealership, and when the job was completed, my brakes began to make odd noises on the drivers side. I took the car back, and they told me that brakes make noises. I told them, that wasn't true. Prior to the new brake job, my original brakes didn't make odd noises. I then took the vehicle to another madza dealership. Again, I was told nothing was wrong. Meanwhile, when O engage the brakes, there's a strange noise that continues on the drivers side. I've read car forums online, and it said the brakes are the wrong size for these model vehicles. Madza needs to fix the problem before someone gets injured. This happens while using the braking system.

- Philadelphia, PA, USA

Feb 182014

MAZDA6

The adaptive cruise control (mrcc), smart city brake system (sbs), and distance recognition (drss) safety features failed for the first time during the mentioned date above (Feb 18 2014, at 21000km. I reported to Mazda service center I khobar, ksa though phone calls, emails, and brought car for several times. I waited for months until the issues were resolved on April 7 2014 at 30000km last June 14, 2014, the same failures occurred again while I was driving on a highway at 75mph. I brought the car to service center on the next day and it took a day to fix the issues. Im afraid the same issues will occur again which is put myself to high risk for road accidents.

- Al-Khobar, NJ, USA