8.8

2015 Mazda MAZDA6 accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Mazda MAZDA6:

2015 Mazda MAZDA6 Owner Comments

Mar 192015

MAZDA6

I had done tons of research and finally found the vehicle that I was wanting. I purchased a brand new Mazda6. I had only had the car about a week and a half, when suddenly, as I was entering onto the highway, I got my speed up to approximately 35-45 mph when I heard three loud pops. I saw my windshield beginning to split from the seal at the base. It split central above my defroster. By the time I traveled two miles to pull over, I had watched the crack grow, forming an S shape onto my windshield. When I contacted the dealership, I was immediately advised if it was a rock chip, it would not be covered. There was no rock chip on my windshield, I looked at it and took pictures of it. By the end of the day when I had gotten off of work, the crack had grown, covering about 1/3 of the height of my windshield. The split began widen a bit and a couple of little glass fragments were breaking off. I brought it up to the dealership and within seconds they stated it wouldn't be covered due to a rock chip when I watched it split from the base seal of the windshield. There was no indication or sign of a chip in the windshield. They made such a quick judgment that I feel they had made this decision prior to my arrival.

- Liberty, MO, USA

Mar 222015

MAZDA6 4-cyl

Crack in windshield. Went into store, no crack. Came back out, crack. Not aware of anything hitting the windshield. Have owned many vehicles over the years, have never had a windshield crack, even when it had been chipped by rocks. Called dealership, they said call your insurance company. The crack is in the center of windshield, starts below the seal at the bottom and goes about a third of the way up.

- New Iberia, LA, USA

Feb 162015

MAZDA6 4-cyl

Brand new vehicle and received a twenty-six inch long glass break on the front windshield from a small tiny rock. The break begins at the structure of the windshield frame and extends beyond. This is the first vehicle I've ever experienced to receive any break in the glass from a tiny rock along with the need to replace the entire windshield. Furthermore, days later another tiny rock hit the front windshield in the same area and created once again another break but a chip instead.

- Odessa, TX, USA

Aug 282014

MAZDA6 4-cyl

We were on a highway access road, slowing for a turn onto an overpass. A piece of gravel from a gravel truck hit the windshield. We were not following closely. We did not see the gravel. Within seconds of the gravel impact, and as we slowed and turned onto the overpass, the windshield developed an over 20 inch crack. We had to replace the entire windshield, which cost us a $500 deductible. Gravel trucks are a fact of life. On all of our other cars, we have had to repair windshield rock chips. This is the first car we've owned where a piece of gravel resulted in a replaced windshield. This is concerning.

- Georgetown, TX, USA

Oct 302014

MAZDA6

After my first trip on the highway in the 2015 Mazda6, it got three chips/cracks in the windshield. This is not from a sizable stone, but tiny pebbles that in other cars would not have been affected. After owning many cars over the years, I have never witnessed one to be so quick to get cracks. I am quite bothered that in only seven days my new car needs something replaced due to a weak component.

- Pflugerville, TX, USA