2015 Mazda MAZDA6 body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Mazda MAZDA6:

2015 Mazda MAZDA6 Owner Comments

Nov 232014

MAZDA6 4-cyl

My wife moved our 2015 Mazda6. She moved the car down the driveway, pressed the brake to bring the car to a complete stop and shifted the car into park. She then proceeded to press the button to turn off the vehicle. In doing so, the engine turned off and when she released the brake the car rolled 3 feet. Frantically, she pushed down on the brake and pulled up the emergency brake. However, the car rolled into a post at the end of the driveway causing damage to the hood, molding and bottom bumper of our brand new vehicle.

- Macungie, PA, USA

Aug 282014

MAZDA6 4-cyl

We were on a highway access road, slowing for a turn onto an overpass. A piece of gravel from a gravel truck hit the windshield. We were not following closely. We did not see the gravel. Within seconds of the gravel impact, and as we slowed and turned onto the overpass, the windshield developed an over 20 inch crack. We had to replace the entire windshield, which cost us a $500 deductible. Gravel trucks are a fact of life. On all of our other cars, we have had to repair windshield rock chips. This is the first car we've owned where a piece of gravel resulted in a replaced windshield. This is concerning.

- Georgetown, TX, USA

Oct 032014

MAZDA6 4-cyl

I have my 2015 Mazda 6 for only one and half month. My windshield has a crack of almost 20 inch long. Almost everyday as I drive, I would hear little things hitting my car that leaves marks on my windshield and body. The reason I hear the sounds is because of its less than average soundproof structure. I do not drive any differently then I have been for years, and mostly I am just driving to work. I have never had this consistent problem before with my cars, in fact, for all the cars I ever drove, new or old, own or borrowed, no car gets mark and dents as easily as this one. I believe there is a quality problem with this model and it is unethical for Mazda to sell customers vehicles that are completely resistant-less in wear and tear on a normal use.

- Azusa, CA, USA