2015 Mazda MAZDA6 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Mazda MAZDA6:

2015 Mazda MAZDA6 Owner Comments

Apr 042016

After making a left turn I depressed the brakes to stop for a red traffic signal. The brake pedal was excessively hard to operate and failed to stop the car. To avoid an accident, I had to use the parking break. At the same time the engine RPM increased dramatically. I shifted the transmission to neutral which brought the RPM to normal velocity. After this incident the car performed normally. I have experienced this problem three times, the last time was on April 4,2016. I noticed the failure occurs at slow speed, around 15 to 25 miles/hour. I went twice to berge Mazda in mesa, AZ. Unfortunately they were unable to duplicate the break failure during test. This predicament is still unresolved and could be the cause of a deadly accident. Some help in this matter would be appreciated.

- Mesa, AZ, USA

Sep 162015

The contact owns a 2015 Mazda 6. while driving 26 mph, the vehicle was involved in a rear end collision. The contact stated the warning system did not activate and the automatic braking feature did not engage. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. A police report was filed and no injuries were reported. The approximate failure mileage was 4,700.

- Phoenix, AZ, USA

Mar 222015

Was following a car and came up to a stop light. I depressed brake pedal and felt some resistance but car would not stop. Felt like the brakes were being bled off by perhaps computer control. I switched into a right hand turn lane that was clear, car still not stopping. Shifted into neutral, and engine started to rev up perhaps to 4500 RPM or so, then engine went back to idle on its own. The car had stopped and I put it in park. We then turned right and cautiously proceeded home, without a further problem. Took to dealer and requested the memory be analyzed, they said they could not read the black box at the dealership. It showed no faults. Test drive was uneventful. I again requested the black box be analyzed as the brakes appeared to be bleeding off. They said they would let me know if Mazda needed anything more. My background includes auto mechanic, tow truck driver, car dealership, technician, software engineer, and analyst.

- Surprise , AZ, USA