4.8

2015 Mazda MAZDA6 drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Mazda MAZDA6:

2015 Mazda MAZDA6 Owner Comments

Nov 262016

MAZDA6

On Nov 27 16 the following safety issue occurred to my auto. While driving about 20-25 mph in slow traffic my vehicle threw itself out of gear, the engine raced, after a couple of seconds it violently went back in gear. Prior to this happening the transmission had locked up twice and the auto could not be moved. By turning the ignition on and off that lock-up was freed. During this same driving period the following malfunction lights illuminated intermittently; engine light, low tire pressure, air bag, traction control (repeatedly). The autos engine was missing intermittently running rough. Operating conditions: Ambient temp: 78F, no wind, dry roadway, no precipitation. I contacted manufacturers Mazda assist, they requested towing, auto is now at the dealer in (wallace) in stuart, Florida, I informed Mazda assist that I considered the car unsafe to drive, as I am handicapped and the holiday traffic was totally jammed I was force to drive slowly home on the 20 mph fla turnpike..

- Port St Lucie, FL, USA

Apr 042016

MAZDA6

Automatic transmission failure occurred as follows: Transmission disengaged while driving 35 mph in city traffic (taylor street, columbia SC). Car lost power as if the transmission was in neutral. Warning displayed on dash "ats failure." I powered off the engine and re-started engine and drove approximately 500 feet before transmission failed again. Was able to drive to the Mazda dealership after 4th attempt. Technicians labeled the issue as a "fluke" and they could find no reason for failure, although they did verify the code P0780 which stated to re-program the transmission. If I had been driving on the interstate (which I had been earlier in the day), the consequences could have been much more serious.

- Columbia, SC, USA

May 012015

MAZDA6

The contact owns a 2015 Mazda 6. while driving at a low speed, the accelerator pedal was depressed but the vehicle failed to accelerate. The engine rpms increased. The contact mentioned that the automatic transmission malfunctioned and the scbs warning and engine check required was displayed across the message board. The failure recurred on numerous occasions. The vehicle was taken to a dealer but was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 9,000.

- Aptos, CA, USA

Mar 222015

MAZDA6

Was following a car and came up to a stop light. I depressed brake pedal and felt some resistance but car would not stop. Felt like the brakes were being bled off by perhaps computer control. I switched into a right hand turn lane that was clear, car still not stopping. Shifted into neutral, and engine started to rev up perhaps to 4500 RPM or so, then engine went back to idle on its own. The car had stopped and I put it in park. We then turned right and cautiously proceeded home, without a further problem. Took to dealer and requested the memory be analyzed, they said they could not read the black box at the dealership. It showed no faults. Test drive was uneventful. I again requested the black box be analyzed as the brakes appeared to be bleeding off. They said they would let me know if Mazda needed anything more. My background includes auto mechanic, tow truck driver, car dealership, technician, software engineer, and analyst.

- Surprise , AZ, USA