2016 Mazda MAZDA6 drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Mazda MAZDA6:

2016 Mazda MAZDA6 Owner Comments

Apr 212016

My car is automatic transmission. When I would release the brakes after stopping at an intersection, the car would not immediately go into first gear. It would sit at the intersection and then suddenly jerk into first gear. I would drive normally after that. Dealer reports I have a defective transmission and they are replacing under warranty.

- Carlsbad, CA, USA

Mar 262016

Bought my Mazda 6 new on 10/04/15 with 40 miles. On 3/26/16 at 3245 miles the transmission failed, very similarly to another complaint listed on this site that stated that there were hundreds if not more transmissions failures of this model at very low miles. My car took at least six to eight seconds to enter drive from park. While driving, the car abruptly began slamming into much lower gears than necessary with little or no change in change in the accelerator pedal. Slightest of grade change on the road only exasperates the problem. I was devastated. Called the Mazda service center and spoke to a service advisor who could not have more more apathetic. Curtly he tells me that the soonest they work me in was in 5 days. He noted that I should make my appointment online, and be sure to ask for him! you have got to be kidding son! no way! unfortunately the only other service advisor in the place was a woman who seemed to be annoyed being there. Her own mistakes, which were many, made her angry and she acted like it was the customers fault. Not just with me either. I received nothing on day one for my car even being there. Not the work order I had signed. Nothing.. day two I sign a work order for Mazda to get the new transmission installed, again she gave me no copy. It really seemed to annoy her when I asked to both work order copies, as if it was something completely irrelevant. I wish I had followed my gut and taken my car out of there pronto. This was to be my last new car and I now want nothing to do with Mazda. I am a 50 year old man who treats his cars gently. Nearly every mile on my Mazda 6 was highway, the easiest best miles for a car when it come to wear and tear. This car is unsafe, I nearly rolled backwards into my neighbors car when I forgot about that long pause from park to drive one night. Mazda, get serious about this before someone gets hurt!

- La Grange, CA, USA

Mar 212016

My brand new Mazda 6 with only 6000 miles transmission quit on 3/21/16. The cars gears wouldn't engage until the rpms would hit 3000 and then the car would lurch forward. The dealer has ordered a new transmission. This seems to be a common issue with Mazda 6 and Mazda cx-5. a recall needs to be issued. This is a major safety issue. Someone could have rear ended me or I could have caused an accident. The dealer said this is the first they have heard of this but there have been 100S of reports about this. Mazda needs to issue a statement and recall before someone gets hurt.

- Winfield, KS, USA