2007 Mazda MAZDASPEED3 body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Mazda MAZDASPEED3:

2007 Mazda MAZDASPEED3 Owner Comments

Apr 282007

My vehicle lost its engine off the motor mounts! the car is a 2007 Mazda Mazda speed 3 with 6260 miles on it. During down shifting for a turn I heel-toed, preparing for the next gear and a right turn, coasting at about 30 mph. During this routine action there was a huge crashing, metallic sound that came out from under the engine area. Then I felt a massive pull on the car, and a heavy grinding, popping, and clanking sound. I could best describe it as if a gorilla had jumped inside of the hood, and started attacking the car, from within. I managed to coast the car to a stop, avoiding personal injury, but it was close. If I had been going at highway speeds, I have no doubt I would have been seriously in peril. I count myself lucky. At any rate, I quickly pulled the car to the curb, and opened the hood. The engine was sitting on the concrete, halfway in my engine bay. The halfshafts were out of the hubs, the exhaust bent, wiring broken, radiator hoses pulled, etc. Not good. The car is currently at Mazda, and I await their response.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA