2007 Mazda MAZDASPEED3 suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Mazda MAZDASPEED3:

2007 Mazda MAZDASPEED3 Owner Comments

Nov 012007

I installed the aftermarket mazdaspeed lowering springs on my Mazdaspeed3, carefully following the supplied instructions. The instructions require removing the bump stops from the strut mounts. I thought this was strange, but I did it, and later found that my right-front tire tread surface had made contact with the top of the inside of the fender. The result was deep circumferential grooves in the tire, and the plastic fender liner was completely worn away in one area. This is potentially very dangerous since it could lead to a tire blowout. And yes, I am certain that the instructions show the removal of the bump stops. I have the instructions and photos of the damage.

- Houston, TX, USA