1. replace idle air control (1 reports)
2003 Mazda MPV engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Mazda MPV:

2003 Mazda MPV Owner Comments

Jul 032014

So far this has happened to me twice

First time on my three hour trip back from the beach with my family going about 70 miles an hour down the interstate. I ease up on the gas to lower my speed down to 60, then when I gave it gas I wasn't getting any power. When I look down on the dash I realize the engine has turned off on me. I was able to safely pull over to the side of the road and come to complete stop, I start the engine and continue my trip back home that was only about 20 minutes in our 3 hour trip from the beach back home, And it began idling very rough.

Exactly one week later I'm in town driving at about 30 miles an hour on flat road then comes a very slight hill so I give the car gas. I can feel it accelerating and all the sudden it just gives out, I'm able to safely pull over to the side of the road again, we start the engine and drive out like nothing ever happened, just like last time.

The very next day a code for idle air control came up and I replace the unit and it stopped shutting off on me.

- , Columbia, SC, USA