8.0

1998 Mazda Protege engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Mazda Protege:

1998 Mazda Protege Owner Comments

Nov 222010

Protege

When I start accelerating I have to floor it to get my car to go, and when it does go it does so very slowly (I would say about 5 KM/H) for about 5 seconds which is a long time to piss people off that are behind you. Then suddenly like a bolt of lightning it just gets power as the pedal is still to the floor. I can't figure out the problem. My engine light is on and I am getting a computer put on it this week but if anyone has had this problem then it would save me the money of the computer. My guess is its a sensor problem.

Since buying the car from a friend, I have replaced Mass Air Flow Sensor with used one, new plug wires, and new plugs.

- , Fredericton, NB, canada