2001 Mazda Protege wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Mazda Protege:

2001 Mazda Protege Owner Comments

May 152002

Protege

2 original equipment tires have developed golfball size blisters where sidewall meets the tread.

- Branford, CO, USA

Jan 032002

Protege

I was told that the tire was driven while low. I check the air in my tires once sometimes twice a week. The mechanic that looked at my tire said that it only has to be a little low to start rubbing on the rim. As you can see by my mileage I drive quite a bit. Plus both my dad (retired) and my husband work for uniroyal tires. My husband is a tirebuilder. I am just glad the tires didn't blow while I was driving on the highway. I am 36 years old and this is the first time I have every had a tire ruined in 20000 miles. I think something is wrong with these tires. So does my dad and husband. (tiresize: 192/55/R15)

- Ardmore, OK, USA