2.2

2003 Mazda Protege accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Mazda Protege:

2003 Mazda Protege Owner Comments

Feb 012010

Protege

I own a 2003 Mazda Protege 5, and I have automatic/remote key unlocks doors. One day it just stop working, I had to start to manually lock and unlock my driver side door. It would not be much of a bother had it be another door, but just the main one I use broke. I went to the dealer but they wanted $250 to fix it, saying it needs a new car door actuator. Not 2 months past, and the back door on the passenger side broke too, a door I hardly used. It was a cheap plastic part with in the actuator that broke for no good reason. There should be a recall on this. I have yet to come up with $500 to fix both doors.

- Henderson, NV, USA