4.0

2003 Mazda Protege cooling system problems

cooling system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Mazda Protege:

2003 Mazda Protege Owner Comments

Mar 192007

Protege LX 2.0L

Yesterday, my car was overheating. It seems strange, because its only 1.5 month since my last general check. Mazda states that they have done all general checks with my car, change the engine oil, and replace fan belts. But yet, yesterday, it was overheating. I put regular water on the reservoir as well as radiator, it seems OK, the radiator signs were off and the heat back to normal. Today, I check again, and the water in the coolant system has almost empty, Can anybody tell me what happens with my car, any potential problems, and how much it cost to fix it?

- , Vancouver, BC, Canada