2003 Mazda Protege seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Mazda Protege:

2003 Mazda Protege Owner Comments

Mar 012016

2003 Mazda Protege 5 was traveling approximately 45mph and struck a moving vehicle in the rear quarter panel. No air bag was deployed in the Mazda Protege 5. the other vehicle's airbags deployed.

- Bokeelia, FL, USA

Feb 042006

Protege 4-cyl

I was taking a corner on hwy 36 and hit gravel on the side of the road. The car went off the road did a nose dive into a ditch flip forward end over end, slid and rolled twice. Non of the air bags deployed. Neither driver or passenger. I am not positive but my car should have had side curtain air bags but they did not deploy either.

- Blachly, OR, USA

Jan 192004

Protege 4-cyl

My son was involved in an auto accident and none of the front or side air bags went off. Though he or the other driver was not seriously injured my concern was why didnt the air bags go off? everyone I have spoke to about this felt there may of been some defect in this car because of all the damage involved my son was pulling out of a side road onto the main highway he never saw the driver and hit the car on the passenger side my sons car was totaled. He just purchased the car brand new in April 2003 he had less than 15,000 miles on the car the transmission was busted as well as many other parts I spoke to senator corman regarding this issue and he said to file a complaint I also spoke to Mazda regarding this however they said they werent aloud to investigate it that we would have to do this ourselves the insurance adjuster also commented on the air bags not going off I have pictures of the wrecked car and my son has the police report if you need any other information please call or email me down below I listed 4 failures that was all the air bags as for anyother information about this I have the insurance copy of the damage any assistance you can give me would be greatly appreciated

- Clarence, PA, USA

Jan 192004

Protege 4-cyl

Failure of front and side air bags to deploy.

- Clarence, PA, USA