2004 Mazda RX-8 accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Mazda RX-8:

2004 Mazda RX-8 Owner Comments

May 032010

Own a 2004 Mazda RX8 and the clutch pedal assembly broke while driving. I have read of evidence online that would lead me to believe that this part is a defect by the manufacturer. I took my car to paul miller Ford and they told me the replacement of the clutch pedal assembly would be needed to drive the car as it was before this incident. The cost total is $440.98 this seems ridiculous since I have read that it is impossible for the driver to exert too much force on the pedal. The resistance is determined by the clutch, not the driver. I think their are a lot of people who own RX8's and experience this same problem. How can it be that with all the accounts of people that I have real online alone that a recall has not already been issued.

- Lexington, KY, USA

Aug 302008

Taking off (smoothly) from a traffic light, I accelerate the car to 15 mph and being to shift in 2nd gear. As I depress the clutch pedal I heard a loud thud and realized that my clutch pedal had completely snapped off at the frame of the car. I was in city traffic with no way to shift the car back into gear (I had already pulled the gear shift out of first gear). I managed to coast the car to a parking lot but because of this failure of equipment - traffic was backed up for at least a 1/2 mile. 1. event that lead to failure: Normal operation 2: the failure: Clutch pedal 3: the repair: New clutch pedal assembly.

- Norfolk, VA, USA

Jun 252005

RX-8 4-cyl

I just bought a 2004 Mazda RX8 and a piece of road debris hit my ac condenser causing all the freon to leak out. This happened due to the gaping hole in the front air dam of my vehicle. I live in southern Texas where temps can climb well over 100 degrees. (higher inside the car) I worry my 3yr old son is at risk of heat stroke or worse from the temps. Mazda will not cover this in their warranty yet they do nothing to protect the highly vulnerable condenser, oil cooler, and radiator from being pelted from road debris. As a matter of fact the air dam is so poorly designed that it actually funnels rocks into the ac condenser itself. I am now worried that a piece of ┐┐road debris┐Ł may hit my oil cooler and spill oil all over the highway. That is definitely not considered safe under any circumstances. Many people online I have spoken to have had this same problem and the service person at the dealership stated, ┐┐we see cars in here for this all the time┐Ł. the total repair cost is over 800$. even having to pay my deductible is asking a lot for this type of ┐┐malfunction┐Ł. Mazda advertises this car as a 4-door coupe and sells the car on its ┐┐practicality┐Ł. how practical is it to have ┐┐road debris┐Ł destroy your ac a week after purchase? I purchased the car from ingram park auto center here in san antonio, tx. From a gentleman named juan leon. They were of no help in the matter.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Jan 042004

A new Mazda Rx-8 was purchased in the fall of 2003. There have been problems starting it in the cold weather. I received an email from Mazda that they are aware of the problem and it exists for anyone that lives in the northeast. Why wasn't this disclosed prior to being purchased> any idea what can be done to have the car returned and the money I gave them refunded? thanks in advance.

- Brookline, NH, USA