2004 Mazda RX-8 steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Mazda RX-8:

2004 Mazda RX-8 Owner Comments

Oct 012014

steering wheel jerks, pulls unexpectedly. and fails completely. I see that many many owners of the RX8 have the same issue with no answers from Mazda. This is truly inexcusable. I bought my RX8 directly off the showroom floor, I will NEVER purchase another Mazda. Up to this point i was a avid Mazda supporter.

- , Saint Petersburg, FL, USA

Sep 102013

Have a 2004 Mazda RX8 has reciently been having very serious steering issues!! wheel will jerk back & forth sometimes while sitting still, also the power steering fails while driving the dash lights all come on when this happens. steering light, abs light, regular brake light. this thing is a very dangerous car and belongs to my 17yr old son, he can no longer drive it as its just to dangerous.I have not been able to figure problem out, some say wiring harness, others say could be battery terminal problems, Some say body control module. I have no clue where to start. Mazda is not taking care of this problem and someone will die from this if they have not already as there are so many reports of this same type problem. This will be my very last Mazda EVER!!!. We need a class action suite to hold Mazda responsible for this Dangerous crap.If anyone has an answer please TELL ME!!

- , Van, TX, USA