2004 Mazda RX-8 wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Mazda RX-8:

2004 Mazda RX-8 Owner Comments

Oct 312014

I typically drive my RX8 like it should, one day I come home park my car per usual. Next morning I go to turn on my car, the dsc light stayed on, thought nothing of it, then on my way to work, I was driving causally, then while in the middle of a turn, my steering became very heavy and almost impossible to turn, my power steering had went out. After dealing with about 2 full days at the dealership, spending thousands, still no power steering, and I'm not credited any portion of what I paid to get fixed and its still not fixed. This is a known issue and a recall must be done immediately before people seriously get injured, injure others, or even die. This is all possible, if I didn't have both hands on the wheel, an accident most definitely would have taken place.

- Attleboro, MA, USA

Nov 142007

The contact owns a 2004 Mazda RX8. While driving various speeds, the vehicle will stall without warning. He took the vehicle to a local repair shop and a mechanic stated that fuel flooded the engine and causes the vehicle to stall. The engine was completely replaced. In addition, it takes several attempts to start the vehicle in cold weather conditions. The dealer stated that condensation was present and a vacuum needed to be installed, which would prevent water interference. The rear driver's side exterior lighting needed to be replaced due to the water entry. Finally, the front passenger side wheel bearing failed, which almost caused the tire to separate from the vehicle. The failure mileage was 32,000 and current mileage was 43,000. Updated 020209 the right front wheel bearing was worn. The check engine light illuminated. The front and rear coils were replaced. Updated 02/03/09.

- Wilmington, NC, USA