2.1

2005 Mazda RX-8 fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Mazda RX-8:

2005 Mazda RX-8 Owner Comments

Oct 272016

RX-8

The contact owns a 2005 Mazda Rx-8. the contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 16V793000 (fuel system, propulsion), 15V382000 (air bags), and 16V354000 (air bags). The parts to do the repairs were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repairs. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Columbia, MT, USA

Jul 072016

RX-8

The fuel pump outlet pipe connector was leaking for sometime. It eventually caused startup problem in very hot weather. This leaked very slowly and all Rx-8 should be recalled to replace the 12" flexible pipe/tubing with a reliable connector that does not leak. This connector must have been a issue, not a lot of cars used this since mid 2000. Very hard to find replacement parts. And coupled with overheated cat emissions its a fire waiting to happen.

- Caseyville, IL, USA

Feb 032016

RX-8

My steering wheel is turning to the left on its own and it is difficult to turn to the right. I have researched online and I'm not the only one having the problem. I don't feel safe driving my vehicle and I am disappointed in the quality of parts. Issue 2: after the first recall on my vehicle, my motor is giving me issues again after being replaced 40,000 miles later. It turns off at idle and has problems starting. I fear this might be a safety issue.

- Davie, FL, USA