1.6

2006 Mazda RX-8 drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Mazda RX-8:

2006 Mazda RX-8 Owner Comments

Aug 312015

RX-8

Clutch pedal assembly snapped in half at weld point, while shifting at normal speeds on highway.

- Ofallon , MS, USA

May 072015

RX-8

When I was driving down ward ave. I pressed in my clutch peddle and it was stuck on the floor I couldn't shift out of gear I had to stop the car and let it stall out. After I pulled over and let the car stall out I pull the clutch pedal with my foot and pressed it in to start the car. The car would start but I couldn't move at all because every time I pushed the peddle it would stay stuck on the floor. And I had to tow it to the Mazda dealership up the road. This is not safe at all.

- Kailua, HI, USA

Mar 062015

RX-8

I was driving on the freeway and as I was pushing the clutch in with my foot, I heard a loud pop. I wasn't able to change gears but luckily I was going to the offramp so I pulled over and looked at the clutch. The metal clutch plate had broke.

- Mission Viejo, CA, USA

Dec 122014

RX-8

I was going to pull out of the parking lot when the clutch pedal bent over to the side (brake side). Because of the bent, I can not put my car into gear or turn it on.

- Miami, FL, USA

Jul 082013

RX-8

Around 07/04/2013, my clutch start to give me a few problems. The major one was that the clutch pedal would not respond how it normally should. I would stick and eventually made it very hard to shift into first gear and reverse. Since it was a holiday weekend, I had to wait till 07/08/2013 until my normal mechanic was open. While inspecting it, he found that the clutch pedal would shift and wiggle side to side, which is very abnormal. When I went to inspect it myself, I heard a "snap!" and the pedal shifted all the way to the brake pedal.upon further inspection, it was found that the pedals braked, connecting it to the car's fire wall had snapped apart. I had heard that this was a known fact by Mazda, and they had sent out a recall on the part. I went to the Mazda dealership and was informed that there was not a recall, but a warranty extension, and my car is not covered by the extension and I would have to buy a new part, and pay the labor. The car is not drivable now, and I now have to pay for a known problem that Mazda refuses to fix. Even in the most extreme situations, this part should never break. It is still a very dangerous and possibly fatal defect, that is still known by the maker, and they refuse to fix a problem that is still happening to this type of car.

- Lafayette, LA, USA