3.3

2006 Mazda RX-8 transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Mazda RX-8:

2006 Mazda RX-8 Owner Comments

Apr 122006

RX-8

I was driving around 35mph on the crossing of dempster and greenwood. As I pressed in the clutch to switch gears the pedal snapped. I did not slam on the clutch pedal or anything. I was unable to switch gears. I had to drive on 2nd gear home which was luckily less than a mile away. I thought this might be a simple defect in my car, however as I did my research I found out that quite a few owners of the Mazda RX8 6speed manual have this problem. I called Mazda dealership in evanston and asked them to replace it since it is a factory mistake and my car is under warranty. They told me they will not replace it. Now I cant drive my car to the mechanic, and the car is sitting in my driveway due to being unable to switch gears and drive.

- Niles, IL, USA

Jun 092009

RX-8

The contact owns a 2006 Mazda rx 8. the contact was driving approximately 5 mph when he shifted into first gear and the clutch became stuck. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer on two occasions for the identical failure. The vehicle was repaired under the service warranty. The technician stated that the second failure was not covered under the warranty. The manufacturer was notified of the failure and recommended an extended service warranty. The vehicle had not been repaired for the malfunction at the time of the complaint. The failure mileage was 47,000. The current mileage was 56,000.

- San Diego, CA, USA

Aug 012008

RX-8

The contact owns a 2006 Mazda Rx-8. ever since the contact purchased the vehicle, the fourth gear has never worked. The clutch was replaced and the transmission failed. The transmission was rebuilt, but failed again 4,000 miles later. The manufacturer stated that nothing could be done to assist. The VIN was unknown. The current mileage was 44,000 and failure mileage was 32,000.

- Smyran, TN, USA