2.7

2008 Mazda RX-8 drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Mazda RX-8:

2008 Mazda RX-8 Owner Comments

Oct 292012

RX-8

I was driving to work and as I was shifting gears I felt the car did not have any acceleration. The top speed I got to was 55mph. When I was about to get off the car, I saw smoke coming from under the hood and from inside where the shift know is located. I checked under the car for a possibly fire, and there it was. Apparently the catalytic converter had clogged up and that's what started the fire. Its not safe to drive around with a car that barely has 55,000 and already has problems like a fire. What if I the car caught in fire with my family inside. Cant imagine. I called an Agency that told me the car had a safety recall, and had asked me if the dealer had provided with an inspection sticker which was not in the windshield. I wish I could have my down payment I gave back because I would not feel secure and safe driving a car (with my child and wife) with a car that turned on fire.

- Mission, TX, USA