1. replaced (1 reports)
2001 Mazda Tribute transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Mazda Tribute:

2001 Mazda Tribute Owner Comments

Mar 072009

Tribute ES V6

After replacing the transmission, and the right axle seal, the transmission started slipping again in 1st gear. I took it back to the dealer. I got a call telling me that something is wrong in the transfer case and it is once again leaking fluid through the axle seal. After the warranty company sent an adjuster to take a look a week after I took it to the dealer, they said they want to replace the transfer case and the axle. I am supposed to get it back this week, but I am not holding my breath. I MUST keep this lemon until next June, (Upside down in it) I will then unload this sucker the first chance I get. THIS THING SUCKS ASS!!!!!

- , Huntingdon, PA, USA