2003 Mazda Tribute brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Mazda Tribute:

2003 Mazda Tribute Owner Comments

Feb 082008

2003 Mazda Tribute, purchase new. ABS light keeps blinking and then stays on and then goes off. Three separate trips to white plains Mazda at a good cost to us and telling us it was corrected - drive a 1/2 mile from the dealer and the light goes on again. Corrected again and a week later it goes on again! additionally, we have an incident in a parked position with motor running (10/13/08) where the car's RPM jumped to 7,000, the car rumbled and completely shut down. Car could not be restarted. Had to have it towed at a substantial cost to me including a separate charge to try and jump the car and now is at Mazda white plains again. Please contact me. I have called customer service number and they are to be in touch with my dealer. Please advise.

- Irvington, NY, USA

Jul 012008

I purchased a 2003 Mazda Tribute on June 26, 2008. The car was wrecked today 7/1/08. The brakes failed to operate and ran into the back of a van in front of us. I took the vehicle back to the auto dealer, explained what happened ( I had a 5 day return policy) I was told the vehicle is no longer able to return because it was wrecked. The dealer also said that they were not liable for any factory recalls. The dealer gave me the toll free number to call Mazda. It turns out that there was a recall on ABS brakes for my vehicle and it was never brought in to be serviced. I'm thankful no one was hurt. I had driven 500 miles prior to the accident at speeds from 5-70mph. We could have been killed!!!!!!!

- Charlottesville, VA, USA

Jan 062005

Tribute 4WD 6-cyl

Parking brake failure, passenger seat heater turns itself on, cd player failure, radio failure.

- West Seneca, NY, USA