2003 Mazda Tribute miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Mazda Tribute:

2003 Mazda Tribute Owner Comments

Jul 052015

The frame of my 2003 Mazda Tribute rusted and broke while I was driving. This vehicle should have lasted several more years and if this had happened when I was going faster, I could have been seriously injured.

- Three Rivers, MI, USA

Apr 192014

I have just purchased this car used for my mother in law the day before. I was exiting expressway ramp and I came to a light. When I took my foot off the accelerator the car surged. I started hitting the brakes but the car continued to accelerate. I pushed car in neutral and applied brakes to stop car. I was in the middle of traffic. I started car and it immediately accelerated to 3000 RPM while in park. I turned it back off and on again and it did the same thing. I called for a tow and had it towed to the dealer. I researched problem online and saw the recalls for the Tribute. I figured it hadn't been done yet. On Monday the service dept. Opened and they said when they started vehicle it revved up to 3000 RPM. They were able to get vehicle to stop accelerating. They looked up vehicle and saw that it already had the sudden acceleration recall work completed. Car was there for 3 days as they checked everything on vehicle as well as drove it to see if it would repeat the problem. They eventually took iac valve off, cleaned it and let it sit overnight in cleaner along with cleaning the throttle body. They could not get vehicle to repeat acceleration after work was completed. I believe recall issue is still not fixed.

- Washington, DC, USA