2006 Mazda Tribute brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Mazda Tribute:

2006 Mazda Tribute Owner Comments

Jan 152007

Tribute 4-cyl

On several occasions my vehicle has had a sticky gas pedal. I alerted the dealership in the past advising of this same issue regarding my prior 2003 Mazda Tribute vehicle. I was told in the past to change the gas utilized. In addition, I was recently advised to bring the vehicle in for service due to a possible recall. My car is now at the dealership and I have been advised there are no recalls and I will be charged$357 to have a ring put on the left wheel causing a malfunction in the braking system (ABS light). This is after taking the car in due to the gas pedal sticking causing me to ride onto the curb with my babies to avoid another accident. Still I am not being advised that the gas issue will be corrected. Mazda has caused me so much stress, time, and physical pain. It is unfortunate that someone has to actually die for the research to begin!

- Somerset, NJ, USA

Apr 022014

Tribute

Pulling up to place my order in a drive through with the car going idle speed when the brakes were applied I heard the front brake line blow causing my car to lose ability to stop. Underneath the brake line was a puddle of brake fluid.

- Eden Prairie, MN, USA

Jun 032013

Tribute

ABS warning light went on indicating anti lock brake system not working. Same thing happened 09/13/10 while car still covered by five year warranty. Roto Mazda of arlington heights, il did warranty repair and reassured me that the other three ABS sensors were checked and the problem should not recur. My research on the internet shows this has been a common problem for many Mazda Tributes all the way back to 2000 and up through 2006 or even later. There is no reason for these anti locking brake systems to fail so quickly and so often. My first failure in 2010 occurred when odometer mileage was below 15,000.

- Jensen Beach, FL, USA

May 132010

Tribute 6-cyl

My mother was driving down the street on her way home and all of a sudden she ended up one the grass of the media and then across the street and then back up on the grass of the media and into a light pole where she died.

- Roseville, MI, USA