1.9

2006 Mazda Tribute electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Mazda Tribute:

2006 Mazda Tribute Owner Comments

Jul 072015

Tribute

My Mazda Tribute V 6, 3.0 all of a sudden stopped on the highway. I had it towed to my son's house, than to the Mazda dealership. It was at the dealership when I was told what had occurred. My coils had blown out and damaged my (PCM)computer. They said it would cost $2689. I could not afford the dealership's cost so I had it towed again to a private mechanic where he replaced the coils. I went on ebay and found a reasonably priced PCM where it was programmed keys included. My research has led me into writing this letter. I found that Ford motors and their affiliates have known about this problem with the coils blowing out the PCM for quite some time and have never told the owners of their vehicles about this problem. If I had known I would have never purchased the vehicle.

- Homestead, FL, USA

Dec 142014

Tribute

Today 12-15-14 I went to pick up my son at school it is cold outside so I left my car running with the heater on when I got out of the car the car locked on its own and I could not get back in. If someone had a baby in the car and got out and it locked you could not get in that is not safe. It took me over 1 hour to get in my car I had groceries in there. No vehicle should lock with the keys in the ignition and the car on and in park. Thank you.

- Selmer, TN, USA

Jan 032011

Tribute 4WD 6-cyl

My battery began being drained for no apparent reason. I bought a new battery but it didn't solve the problem. When it is cold I have to have my car jumped to start most of the time. I sat in the car listening to the radio for about 15 minutes this summer and then found the battery was dead. The rear wiper stopped working and my back up lights stopped working about a year ago. Also the driver's side door would not unlock with the remote. I did have a remote start installed shortly after I purchased my car and it has been checked out and is not the source of the problem. Although not life threatening is extremely frustrating to have to continually find jumps and help in order to drive my car. Not having back up lights may lead to an accident eventually.

- Anchorage, AK, USA

Nov 012006

Tribute 4WD 4-cyl

I purchased a Mazda Tribute 2006 model on 9/4/06 and I took it in on 11/1/06 for water in headlamp, water was getting down the in windows, and tire pressure light blinking. I was told at the end of the day that the car was not ready because they could not figure out the tire pressure light problem and they ordered a part. Well, the next day it was the same thing, needed another part and they have been on the phone with Mazda tech support. Well today is 11/7/06 and I still do not have my vehicle back. They are now saying that they have ordered another part and it will be three to four days because the part is on back order. I feel I have bought a defective vehicle and Mazda should give me another vehicle to replace it. This vehicle (from the sounds of southern states) has had all of the computer censors replaced minus the major one (according to southern states) and for a vehicle to be new as this one is with these kind of problems, I feel is defective.

- Angier, NC, USA