2009 Mazda Tribute brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Mazda Tribute:

2009 Mazda Tribute Owner Comments

Jun 082010

I purchased a new 2009 Mazda Tribute. I have always taken it to the dealer for maintenance. It has apx. 15000 miles. The last oil change at about 9,100 miles I complained about squeaking brakes. They verified that they were checked and found in good condition. On June 8, 2010 I was turning into a residential area and the car would not stop or slow down. I crashed into a median. Earlier that day I experienced a similar problem while braking but I thought it was due to the rain. When the accident occurred it had just stopped drizzling and the ground was visibly dry. I pressed on the brakes. They did not squeal, but the car would not stop. Something went really wrong.

- San Antonio, TX, USA