5.5

2003 Mercedes-Benz C230 AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Mercedes-Benz C230:

2003 Mercedes-Benz C230 Owner Comments

Sep 182006

C230 6-cyl

While driving with A/C set on "auto" the A/C system would suddenly turn off by itself and would turn of repeatedly when started again. During such episodes the A/C would act erratic with fans turning on and off at different outlets, cycles between heating and cooling, and makes hissing sounds. This would occur many times a day on a daily basis in summer weather (except when the car is taken to the dealer, it seems). It took about 2 years for the dealer to finally fix the problem since they could not avoid admitting its existence after I had video taped the malfunction and showed them the video..

- Oklahoma City, OK, USA

Sep 172003

C230 6-cyl

A year ago, I brought a C230 compressor at Mercedes-Benz and since then, I had to repair my A/C twice, the ABS light has been fixed twice in one week, and now my transmission is acting out. Although I have brought my car in a great deal, the problem(s) still exist. In one month alone, I brought my car in about 3 times to fix almost the same problem(s). My last visit was this past week, and just today, I got my car back and the transmission still feels funny. It jerks when I step on the accelerator and for some reason, I feel more unsafe now then before.

- Miami, FL, USA