2004 Mercedes-Benz C230 fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Mercedes-Benz C230:

2004 Mercedes-Benz C230 Owner Comments

Jun 042013

C230 4-cyl

The fuel tank will only fill to 3/4 and the vehicle has an odor of gasoline inside and outside the vehicle when attempting to fill the tank. The vehicle was brought to Mercedes Benz for service for this issue and they state they do not know how to fix it and having spent approximately $10 for Mercedes to try and diagnose the problem they advised they don't know how to fix. I have noted a recall for fuel leak probe on Mercedes 2003-2008 E class models that has now been closed after Mercedes has agreed to fix the issue. I contacted Mercedes North America and they state the issue on my C class is not related to that recall and there is nothing they can do for me. The mileage on my vehicle is very low and this seems to be the same problem that occurred in my C-class that they refuse to fix.

- Laguna Woods, CA, USA

Oct 152013

I smelled strong vapors of gas inside my car and outside the area. I looked under car gas was pouring out from under fuel tank. Took it to ( towed that is) the shop find fuel tank was defective ! found hole in the tank on the tab if that makes sense. The shop called around for safety recall and Mercedes see if any other information. I am aware Mercedes has had problem in past with fuel tanks. The sop informed me if I drove this car with heat from exhaust would have caught fire., I am trying to contact Mercedes corporate head quarters with no luck. Is there anyway I can report file have recourse.this came to $3000 out of pocket ! not mention it could have had serious consequences !

- Millwood, NY, USA