2005 Mercedes-Benz C230 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Mercedes-Benz C230:

2005 Mercedes-Benz C230 Owner Comments

Sep 012015

Takata car hasn't been fixed and Mercedes keep says it's not affected even though I keep receiving letters

- Willow Spring, NC, USA

Mar 012016

My car is subject to the takata airbag recall and the dealer has not offered me any repairs or any accommodations since March 2016. I purchase the car from euro motors bethesda. Euro motors bethesda refuses to give me a loaner car. Please help me I need a car and I don't feel that my car is safe to drive.

- Columbia, MD, USA

Apr 052016

Takata recall: I had a front end collision and I am concerned that my airbags did not deploy. The impact in my opinion was such that caused me to wonder why they did not inflate. My primary concern is if they work at all. My car was in motion on a wet highway at the time of impact around 2pm.

- Houston, TX, USA

Feb 182015

The contact owns a 2005 Mercedes Benz C230. After the vehicle was started, the SRS air bag system fault warning light illuminated. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the main computer wiring harness needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 122,852.

- Fredericksburg, VA, USA

Jun 102012

C230 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2005 Mercedes C230. The contact was driving 45 mph when a vehicle crashed into the drivers side by of the contact's vehicle. The contact stated that both the front and side curtain passenger air bags deployed, but the driver's side curtain and door air bags did not. The vehicle was towed to a repair shop. The contact had not been told if the vehicle would be destroyed. The failure mileage and current mileage was 69,000. Updated 07/13/12 updated 07/17/12

- Laurel, MS, USA

Jan 292011

C230 4-cyl

My family and I were hit in a car accident head on by a driver going approx. 60 mph. Our Mercedes Benz C230's airbags did not deploy. The car was equipped with 6 air bags and not 1 deployed. We have contacted Mercedes but to no avail. We would like some help as what to do to make sure this does not happen to another family and they may not be as "lucky" as we were.

- Buena Park, CA, USA

Oct 062006

The contact owns a 2005 Mercedes Benz C230. The contact was driving approximately 60 mph when the check engine warning light illuminated. The warning light remained illuminated until the engine was shut off. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer for diagnosis. The technician informed the contact that the camshaft solenoid had leaked oil into the engine wiring harness and control module. The vehicle was in the process of being repaired. On a separate occasion, the SRS warning light was illuminated. The dealer replaced the seat belt harness and front driver side air bag wiring to correct the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 47,668.

- Charlotte, NC, USA

Aug 182006

C230 4-cyl

: the contact stated upon shifting the vehicle in drive, the vehicle lurched forward into a tree without warning; and the airbags did not deploy. The contact was wearing a seat belt, but minor injuries were sustained. There was moderate damage to the front of the vehicle. The police were alerted and a report was taken. The vehicle was towed to a body shop for repair of the vehicle damage. A NHTSA recall, #05V560000 was performed on the vehicle concerning, the airbags however, the recall did not remedy the problem. The manufacturer was alerted and the vehicle was awaiting inspection by a manufacturing representative.

- Boca Raton, FL, USA

May 302006

In March 2006, we received safety recall notice #2006-020005 for our 2005 Mercedes C230, for an issue with the airbag system in the vehicle. Over the last 70 days, I have called leith Mercedes in raleigh, nc five times to schedule the vehicle for repair under this recall and I am told the parts are still on backorder from germany and it will be 6 to 8 weeks before they can conduct the repair.

- Goldsboro, NC, USA