2007 Mercedes-Benz C230 drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Mercedes-Benz C230:

2007 Mercedes-Benz C230 Owner Comments (Page 3 of 3)

Jan 042012

C230 6-cyl

Vehicle seems to run fine but after a cold morning start the check engine light illuminated. After taking it to the dealership for diagnostics (totaling $105) it was revealed that the code rendering the balance shaft or possible bad sensor was the reason for the check engine light illuminating. The estimate cost for this repair is ranging from 5 to 6 grand. This is highly unacceptable for a vehicle with only 45,000 miles. 2007, Mercedes Benz, C230, black on black, that has been stored for a majority of its existence because I am deployed overseas does not send a good impression when the company will not admit that there is a definite problem with this engine type. In today's economy, consumers spend a little more to reassure this type of repair is avoided by purchasing a more reliable source of transportation. I guess I should have purchased a Chevy or Ford, at least then I would be expecting this type of nonsense.

- Houston, TX, USA

Dec 152011

C230 6-cyl

Vehicle would not shift out of first gear. Rpms were at shift level, then engine shut down. Restarted and revved engine, loud wailing sound. Car was towed to Mercedes Benz, they said transmission pump bad as well as transmission, needs replacing.

- Indio, CA, USA

Sep 222011

C230 6-cyl

The engine light came on asking me to go to the next gas station and check oil. When I took to the next day to a mechanic and upon a thorough diagnostics, I was told that the balance shaft (in take camshaft code 1208) and exhaust camshaft, code 1200 need to be replaced due to premature wear and faulty parts.

- Clifton, VA, USA

May 032009

C230 6-cyl

My 2007 C230 automatic sport sedan that I purchased pre-owned and certified from an authorized mb dealer in 2009 has been experiencing problems since purchase. I have experienced extreme loss of acceleration and running at a high RPM. It first occurred a few weeks after I purchased the vehicle. I was entering a parking garage with a steep hill and as I drove up hill, the car struggled to accelerate while the rmp ran high. I feared the vehicle was about to roll backward and I quickly applied the brakes, placed the car in park with my foot still on the brake. I turned it off and restarted and was able to continue into the garage. I took the car to mb service and after they tried to say it was nothing without reviewing the vehicle, they finally agreed to do a diagnosis. I was advised they found a faulty sensor and it was repaired. Several weeks later, it happened again while in the parking lot of my residential building as I attempted to back into my parking space. The vehicle did not accelerate and the rmp ran high. Turning it and restarting again remedied the problem. The third and forth time it occurred on the high way during my normal commute to and from work. The issue re-appeared in busy traffic. The vehicle would not accelerate and the RPM ran high. Each time it has occurred, I have had to pull over, turn the car off, let it sit, then when I restarted the vehicle, it was fine and I drove off without any problem. I have done some research on line and have found that there are numerous complaints regarding the 2006 2007 C230's with the same or similar problem described and it appears to be with the transmission. There is clearly a defect going on and I would like to request a recall investigation through the NHTSA. Updated 11/01/11

- Chicago, IL, USA