2013 Mercedes-Benz C250 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Mercedes-Benz C250:

2013 Mercedes-Benz C250 Owner Comments

Oct 222016

C250

Intermittent "inoperable mode" illuminated since mileage 41974. Car decelerated on the highway from 75mph to 10mpl nearly causing an accident. Pulled over, turned off vehicle, was completely shaken up. Waited about 5 minutes, restarted and it was normal. This has happened 13 times in the 6 months of ownership. Dealer was unable to duplicate issue. Vehicle again duplicated the same problem, I made a left turn, attempted to accelerate on a city street and it began showing the "inoperable mode" and check engine light again. A month later, the engine was making a loud noise like rocks in a dryer. Pulled over immediately away from traffic. I contacted the dealer, they said to "drive it in". on the way, the car broke down. Called Mercedes customer care, they sent a tow truck. Car is under warranty until 50K, and is at 49404. While my 2013 C250 is in the shop, they issued me a 2016 C300 with less than 550 miles on it. After driving for only 5 days, it also has the check engine light and says "collision prevention assist plus inoperative". I notified the service advisor and he will not return my messages to have another vehicle issued. This is clearly a manufacture defect that Mercedes is blatantly ignoring. This is stressful and heartbreaking that I have owned the vehicle 6 months, with a mountain of "manufacturer warranty" issues, they are asking me to pay the $2500 if it is deemed "not warrantable". so I am supposed to trust Mercedes to be honest at this point? the only contact I have received since is that they will be charging me $2595 in labor to disassemble my engine so that they have a "concrete answer" as to if my vehicle will be warrantied. It is under warranty and all services have been done as Mercedes advises. For Mercedes to not warranty it would be a direct violation of the manufacturer warranty and further prove their negligence.

- Denver, CO, USA

Oct 132015

C250

When accelerating at highway speeds (mostly) check engine light comes on and car shakes. If you pull over and restart the car most of the time the check engine light goes away. The engine error code (from Mercedes) is P03001 which is a cylinder misfire. I purchased this car brand new and have had it at the dealership 8 times now for the same problem. They have replaced the fuel pump and injectors and problem still persists. Mercedes dealer is telling me there is nothing wrong with the car and they can't duplicate the problem after a week with the vehicle. The car is very dangerous to drive. This has happened to me no less than 20 times in 2 years of owning the vehicle. My son has been in the car with me several times when this has happened and it is a safety hazard to be at highway speeds and the car can no longer accelerate and starts to decelerate. Mercedes needs to do something about this before someone (namely me) dies because of this known issue. They have known about this with an internal document since October 2012 yet they continue to ignore the problem.

- Gainesville, FL, USA

Aug 192015

C250

The contact owned a 2013 Mercedes Benz C250. While driving approximately 15 mph, the contact crashed into another vehicle. As a result, the front of the vehicle caught fire. The air bags failed to deploy. A police report was filed and there were no injuries reported. The vehicle was destroyed. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 29,500.

- Houston, TX, USA

May 012014

C250

Long pause when trying to accelerate from a stop. Not normal turbo lag, it's too long.

- Tacoma, WA, USA

Jun 182014

C250 4-cyl

Constant issues with vehicle acceleration. For example when try to accelerate from a stop the car hesitates for several seconds even with significant pressure on gas pedal then suddenly accelerates in a very jerky fashion. This is very dangerous when trying to pull out into traffic or make a left hand turn crossing multiple traffic lanes. Have also had similar problems when car is traveling on highway and need to accelerate quickly, the car hesitates for several seconds and then jerks into gear and speeds up. I don't drive my car that much because I work from home and take cabs on weekends when going out but had a friend drive the car with me to see what they thought and they said they definitely noticed the issue. I am taking my car to the dealership to see if they will make repairs but I have a feeling like others who have submitted a complaint I will be told nothing is wrong. I just happened across this website and thought I would see if the problem was just my car but 11 of 13 complaints are the exact same issue as mine. Why hasn't the ntsb issued a recall" does someone or a bunch or people have to die first?"

- Atlanta, GA, USA

Sep 222014

C250 6-cyl

While driving to grocery store attempted to accelerate from a stop and vehicle bogged down (decelerated before accelerating) and the violently took off.. have taken vehicle 8 times to different Mercedes Benz dealerships in the atlanta area only to be told that its the way vehicle is and to live with it. On many occasions while attempting to turn across traffic vehicle just stays in place when accelerator pedal is depressed and then it just bolts wanting to let the rear end loose. Very unsafe characteristic of this car. Regret this purchase tremendously. Also many many complaints about the 2012-2014 C250 and nothing is being done.

- Smyrna , GA, USA

Aug 262014

C250

On 8/26/14 I was stopped at a light. When I went to take-off, the car would not accelerate. It finally did but very slowly. This occurred two more time at the next two stop lights. I was then in a center turn lane to turn across three lanes of traffic & when I tried to accelerate, the car died and the electronic display gave a yellow error message that the car was inoperable due to an issue with the braking system. I immediately put the car in park, turned it off & then started it back up. Fortunately it re-started, the error message was gone & I was able to drive into my office parking lot. My Mercedes service dept. Said no codes registered on the computer, probably because I turned the car off so quickly it didn't have time to. Today, 8/17/14, I am having the same issue. My car is back at the Mercedes service department. This is, in my opinion, a dangerous & life threatening problem.

- Altamonte Springs, FL, USA

Aug 042014

C250 4-cyl

2014-08-04: Engine light came on, vehicle would not accelerate past 80 km/H and the engine shut off - driving in traffic. 2014-08-05: Brought vehicle to 550 terminal avenue. They said it was just the fault-pump and that it was safe to drive. They advised me that they had to order the part from germany. Vehicle was later returned the same day. (23505 km) 2014-08-06: The vehicle engine shut down while driving out the drive way, so I had it towed to 550 terminal avenue. (23514 km). They replaced a throttle actuator. 2014-08-12: Vehicle was ready for pick up. Vehicle would not start. Battery replaced. 2014-08-14: Picked up vehicle. Then experienced a low accelerating after braking. Went with the foreman for a road test and he agreed that there was a delay when accelerating and that it felt like its going to stall while in "drive". 2014-08-20: They said it was caused by 13 % ethanol in fuel/ software. There's a pinging sound. But I buy the same gas every time 94 octane from chevron. I had a verbal agreement saying that my car was safe to drive and for me to come back to Mercedes Benz with a new tank of gasoline to see if I would still have the same issues as it was stated that the issue may have been cause by using gas with 13% ethanol/software.

- Vanvouver , Bc Canada V6p1p9, AK, USA